Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Für Elise

My elder daughter is taking piano and has reached Für Elise She was to play it for her recital this week but it got canceled because of the ill health of one of the instructors. Although I don't play the piano, I can read music. I tend to sit with my daughter to help her get pieces right, especially the rhythm. I am also teaching her to rear pieces apart so that she can work on the hard portions. I have been doing this with Fur Elise, which prior to now I was only vaguely aware of. I don't think that I had ever heard it in its entirety until we got a CD so that she could listen to it.

This version is performed by Ivo Pogorelić.

3 comments:

Mike Looney said...

Here is another version It assumes you have an MP3 player like WinAmp loaded.

http://www.themadmusicarchive.com/samples/r/a/Radio_Free_Vestibule_-_Beethoven_Backing_up_His_Truck.m3u

Dafydd said...

I don't. Maybe my computer geek could do that sometime. (Being able to read PDF files would be nice to.)

Mike Looney said...

Sigh. Next time you're planing on being in town, call me the day before to warn me/find out if I'm going to be home, and hump the machine along.